3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp lemon extract (if available)
200g gluten free plain flour
150g caster sugar
1 dessert spoon baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp lemon zest
250g fresh or frozen blueberries and/or raspberries (strawberries dont work!)
2tbsp milk (if needed to loosen the batter (often need in GF baking)
1. Preheat oven to 190°C
2. In one bowl mix the yoghurt / creme fraiche, oil, lemon juice, egg whites and lemon juice
3. In another bowl mix the flour, caster sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon zest
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Add milk if needed to form a smooth batter.
5. Then gently add the of the fruit.
6. Share the mix between 12 muffin cases (you can add sugar on top if required - demerara is a good choice)
7. Bake for 20 - 22 mins
8. Cool on a wire rack
9. Allow to cool and ice OR serve with custard!