1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
120g butter (plus extra for cooking)
60g caster sugar (plus extra for dusting)
120g sultanas (optional)
1 beaten egg
1. Sieve the flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt into a bowl
2. rub in the butter to for crumbs
3. add the sugar and mix well
you may want to halve the mixture here into two bowls and make plain cakes and sultana cakes
4. Add the egg (split if you halved the mixture and stir in. Bring the mix to a dough
5. Roll out the dough to 1cm thick and use a cutters to cut rounds or hearts or flowers!
6. In a frying pan melt a nob of butter, add 3 or 4 cakes at a time and cook for 3 minutes on each sideor until caramalised.
7. Once cooked, sprinkle with sugar whilst hot and before serving
replace the sultanans with dried cranberries or dried blueberries
Serve with butter or jam!