Get the kids do the work with this recipe! Need to occupy the kids for half an hour then let them make these great pizza faces from DS Gluten. Use a wide array of vegetables to transform a plain pizza into a quirky pizza portrait. With this fun recipe, you can let your child’s imagination run wild to create fun facial features and then let them tuck in to enjoy their handiwork!
150g chopped tomatoes with herbs
1 tbsp tomato puree
65g grated mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas Mark 7.
2. Place the pizza base on a sheet of greaseproof paper.
3. In a small bowl mix together the tomatoes and tomato puree. Spoon the mixture on top of the pizza base and top with the grated cheese.
4. Then it's time to create your funny face. Below are some ideas you can use for each facial feature but the sky's the limit!
5. When the face is complete, place the pizza on the greaseproof paper directly onto the top shelf, placing a baking sheet below and cook for approximately 15 minutes.
Kernels of Corn
Cauliflower Tops (florets)
Sliced Bell Pepper
Sliced Green Olives
Sliced Black Olives
Bell Pepper Ring
(whole or half)
End of Baby Carrot
Broccoli Top (floret)
Sliced Bell Peppers
Small Pieces of Ham
Slices of Pepper