2 tsp dried yeast
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
200 ml tepid milk
250 ml tepid water
1. Put the flour, yeast and bicarb
2. Mix in the milk and water to form a smooth batter (mix for 5 mins)
3. Cover and leave for 1 hour i a warm place
4. Use a large non stick frying pan and add a drop of oil and spread around.
5. Use a greased crumpet ring, poached egg ring or scone cutter and pour in batter to 1.5 cm depth.
6. Cook on one side for 5 mins, remove the ring and cook on the otherside for 1 min
7. Allow to cool and top with cheese, ham, bacon, tomatoes, jam etc!