200g shelled pistachiod
450g caster sugar
3 large eggs
500ml canned coconut milk
350ml Single soy creamer
1 tbsp vanilla extract
Put all the ingredients (except cream and vanilla essence) into a saucepan and blend with a hand blender (use a large blender if preferred and transfer to saucepan once blended).
Cook on a low heat until cooked (the mixture will become thicker) I tend to biring to a gentle simmer for 2-3 mins).
Allow to cool and add the cream and vanilla essence, mix thoroughly.
Churcn the ice cream (probably for about 30 mins to 40 mins (depending on your ice cream maker.
2 1/2 pints milk
1 tsp lemon or orange zest
cause ground hazelnuts (optional)
Rinse the rice
Add the milk and bring to the boil
Simmer for 20 mins
Remember to stir regularly, to ensure pudding doesnt burn
Sprinkle with cause ground hazelnuts
Gluten Free Real fruit Jelly - vegetarian too!
80g / 100g caster sugar (depending on how sweet you like your jelly)
12g vege gel (Dr Oetker sachets will do the trick)
400ml apple juice
1. Blend the frozen strawberries / blueberries with the sugar and 200ml apple juice 2. Warm gently the remaining 200ml apple juice and sprinkle whilst stirring the vege gel until dissolved 3. Pour the blended mix into the pan and heat until almost boiling.
4. Pour the mix into jelly mould/s (small glasses will do the job) and allow to set in the fridge for at least an hour (over night is fine)
5. The moulds will turn out of the moulds if they are stood for a few minutes in warm water before outrunning onto a plate
Serve with ice cream or more fruit!
NB - if your jelly powder goes lumpy, pour into the blender and whiz up, then return all the mix to the saucepan and heat again
350g plain flour
100g shredded vegetable suet or butter or suet
150g golden caster sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
½ tsp cinnamon
1 orange, zest and juice
100ml milk - Use soya or rice milk if preferred dairy free
125g/5oz raisins OR sulatnas dried cherries, dried apricots dried cranberries and dried blueberries or make up a mix of all
Sauce - Orange & Cinnamon
150g golden caster sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 orange, juice only
Sauce - Lemon
4 tbsp golden syrup
finely grated zest of 1/2 lemon
2 tbsp lemon juice
Serve with custard and top with marshmallows
1. preheat the oven to 180C
2. Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix
3. Add all the other ingredients and mix into a dough
4. Line a bowl with parchment or baking paper and transfer dough into and cover
5. Put the basin on a trivet or upturned saucer in a saucepan and fill the saucepan with water half way up the basin - keep the water topped up
6. Cover and steam for 1hour 45 minutes to 2 hours
7. Make the sauce (lemon or orange) pour over cake, ease the edge of the pudding away from the sides of the paper to allow sauce to trickle down and oven bake for 10 minutes
OR lemon sauce - heat the golden syrup and lemon juice and rind until boiling
1 litre boiling water
1tbsp lemon juice
150g caster sugar
150g golden syrup
1. Blend the raspberries and honey in a food mixer
2. Put the lemon juice, sugar, golden syrup and boiling water into a saucepan and stir until dissolved.
3. Bring the saucepan to just boiling (about 2 mins - do not allow to boil) allow to cool
3b (you may want to strain the mix here to remove any seeds but is not necessary)
4. Pour mix into food processor and add the glycerine then pulse until blended
5. Pour into a container and freeze for at least 6 hours or until frozen
Serve with meringue or fresh fruit after about 6 hours or if left in freezer over night you may need to remove for 10 minutes before serving