200g *cream cheese, softened / non dairy cheese alternative
350g icing sugar
500g melted *plain chocolate
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
2. Gradually beat in icing sugar
3. Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla until no streaks remain.
4. Put in the fridge for about 1 hour.
5. Scoop out with a teaspoon and shape into 2.5cm balls.
Why not try replacing the vanilla with whiskey or bacardi (if presents), the dark chocolate with milk or white chocolate... Roll in coconut or dark chocolate powder for an amazing selection!
Download our free box template for your gluten free truffles to give your truffles as presents!
115g caster sugar
115g icing sugar
1. heat the oven to 100°C
2. Line 2 baking trays with parchment or baking paper
3. put the egg whites into a large bowl and whisk (medium setting) until peaks can be formed and the mixture looks glossy
4. add the caster sugar one tablespoon at a time and whisk (high setting) again
5. Sieve a third of the icing sugar at a time into the mixture and gently fold in until the mixture looks like well formed snow drifts
6. Spoon a tablespoon of mixture onto the baking tray (shape if required hearts, ovals, egg shapes etc)
7. Bake for approx 1 1/2 hours in a fan assisted oven or approx 1 1/4 hours in a gas oven until the meringues are crisp and a hollow sound can be heard when they are tapped on the base
8. Leave to cool on a baking rack
9. Serve with fruit, cream, yoghurt etc! or use 2 and make them into a sandwhich
Here are a few photos - meringues are a little scary but these are fail proof - honest!
450g demerera sugar
Add 200g dark chocolate
Chocolate & Hazelnut Fudge
Add 150g dark chocolate and 80g roasted hazelnuts
Add 80g chopped walnuts
Rum & Raisin Fudge
150g raisins soaked in rum
150g glace cherries
Strawberry Fudge (add these before boiling so the strawberries are cooked)
2 tbs lemon juice
Chocolate Orange & Pecans
60g chopped pecans
1 tbs granted orange xest (2tsp orange flavouring)
Irish Cream Fudge
Replace the milk with Irish Cream
1. Line a tin or glass flat dish with baking paper
2. Heat the milk, sugar and butter (plus chocolate if using) until dissolved and boiling
3. Simmer for 15 minutes, stir frequently and scrape the bottom of the pan to ensure mixture does not stick or burn.
4. Remove from the heat and beat for 10 minutes until thick and grainy
5. Stir in any other optional ingredients
6. mix in any other optional ingredients
7. Pour into the prepared dish
8. Allow to cool and refridgerate for at least 2 hours
4 tbsp warm water
1/2 tsp red natural colour (optional)
400g caster sugar
350ml boiling water
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
toasted desiccated coconut
1. Put the warm water in a saucepan and sprinkle the vegy gel whilst stirring until dissolved
2. Add the boiling water, vanilla essence (optional colour) and sugar and stir until dissolved
3. Use a blender to mix the mixture until it thick and can stand in peaks (8-10mins)
4. In a baking tray, line with baking powder and cover with dessicated coconut
5. Spread the marshmallow evenly over the tray.
6. Sprinkle more coconut on top
7. Put in the fridge for about an hour and then cut into chucks
180g frozen or fresh strawberries
500g virtually fat free plain yoghurt or soya yogurt
2 tbsp honey (add 1 tbsp and taste)
180g frozen blueberries
1or 180g raspberries, sieved to remove the seeds
1. put the fruit and yoghurt in a food processor and blend until smooth
2. add 1 tbsp honey and taste, add more if required
3. divide the yoghurt mix between 6 lolly moulds or plastc cups
4. put yoghurt pops in the freezer for about 15 iutes and then insert a loly stick as far as the centre of each pop.
5. leave in freezer for about 3 hours or until frozen